We have many clients who have pets and we have two German Shepherds, two cats and a rabbit ourselves. Moving can be a stressful time and can make your pets anxious as well. Here are some tips to try and make life a little less stressful for your pets.
- Ensure you pack easily accessible food for your pet (and favourite toys). Also ensure that you have easy access to any medication that your pet may be on.
- When you transport your pet to your new home, ensure that your pet is secure until you get into your new home.
- Once in your new home try and make your pet as secure as possible. If your pet is a dog or cat, maybe you can already have moved their favorite bed or blanket into a quiet part of the house! This will ensure that they have familiar objects and smells around them.
- It is great idea to have you pet stay with a friend who is familiar to them during your moving process.
- After you have moved ensure that you update their tags or microchip details with the new address.
- Fish can be easily trumatized whilst being moved. It is a good idea to seek advice from a local aquarium store.